Applications open May 1 – May 30
What is it?
Columbus Consolidated Government’s Community Reinvestment Department has partnered with StartUP Columbus and the Greater Columbus Chamber of Commerce to develop and administer an Economic Development Grant Program. The grant program will assist small businesses in Columbus that have been negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This grant will supply up to $4,000 dollars to businesses to reimburse businesses for rent/mortgage, utilities, and/or employee payroll expenses.
Who is eligible?
For-profit businesses with 1-25 employees and a current Muscogee County business license, who are in good standing with the city of Columbus, are eligible to apply for the grant. Businesses must also meet HUD’s CDBG eligibility requires. Full eligibility criteria can be found here.
How can I apply?
The online application is available here, or by contacting the City of Columbus’ Community Reinvestment Department at 706-225-4613.
Applications should only be submitted by the business owner, a partner, or an authorized corporation member. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
What forms do I need to have to apply?
Applicants will need the following documents to complete their applications:
- Completed W-9.
- Completed City of Columbus “New Vendor Form”.
- E-Verify Number. Businesses who are not required to use E-Verify can submit a signed and notarized Affidavit of Agreement and valid state issued photo ID of the business owner.
- Current City of Columbus business license.
- Bills/invoices for eligible reimbursable COVID-19 expenses along with proof of payment.
- Itemized Summary of eligible reimbursable COVID-19 expenses.
- Business operating agreement (for multiple owners).