The StartUP Columbus Incubator and Incubator Program were created to help startup businesses in the Greater Columbus Region grow and succeed. This is done by providing entrepreneurs workspace, mentorship, programming, and networking opportunities in one location.
Who’s It For?
If you are a startup or early stage venture looking for a collaborative, work environment, the StartUP Columbus Incubator is for you. Startup Columbus is looking for individuals who are innovative, adaptable, and ready to take launch their business to its next chapter.
- Free workspace to reduce overhead costs for startup companies
- Structured environment to help startups keep focus
- Free business development programs
- Network of like-minded entrepreneurs to collaborate with
- Direct access to business benefits such as services, mentorship, and expertise
What to Expect
To join the incubator program, a startup must apply, be accepted, meet certain criteria, and follow a schedule of benchmarks set by StartUP Columbus. The length of time a startup company must commit to being in the incubator is 6 months, with two renewals allowed if benchmarks are met. As an incubatee, you will be expected to meet with the Director once a month, attend StartUP’s entrepreneurial events, meet with mentors twice a month, and be in the physical work space for a minimum of 10 hours.
All incubatees accepted in the program must:
- Obtain (or have) a business license within six months
- Completed (or been accepted into) the CO.STARTERS program
- Provide analytics, metrics, and business plan with StartUP Columbus
Once the application is submitted, the process is as follows:
- StartUP Columbus will review the application
- A meeting will be scheduled to build rapport, discuss finding, and ask any questions
- Application is submitted to the Director for approval
- After approval is communicated and accepted, new incubatee and Director establish short and long-term goals for business
- Client moves into Incubator