Applications CLOSED! Thank you to the amazing entrepreneurs who applied!
Please join us for the in-person Pitch Competition Event on November 18th at Columbus State University’s University Hall. Hear the top five finalists give an epic business pitch for a chance to win $15,000!
Want to set up a vendor table at the event? Email us at email@example.com!
4225 University Avenue Columbus, GA 31907
5:00 – 8:30 PM
Who Should Apply?
If you are a business owner within a 150-mile radius of Columbus, Georgia and your business is able to meet the following criteria, we want you to apply for our pitch competition!
· Solves a real market need.
· Shows a source of differentiation in your business.
· Has a clear business model.
· Addresses a sizeable market opportunity.
$20,000 in cash prizes
· $15,000 Judges Selection Winner
· $4,000 Judges Selection Runner-Up
· $1,000 Popular Vote selected by audience
What to Expect
When applying for the competition, there will be two rounds of judging before finalists are chosen. Five finalists will be chosen to compete in the Pitch Competition to win up to $16,000.
The first application includes a question-and-answer survey found below.
The second round includes a pre-recorded video of the business owner pitching their business in 1-2 minutes.
The finalists will have a twenty-minute window to pitch their business to our judges and answer any and all questions they may have (think, Shark Tank).
StartUP Columbus will be hosting an annual, regional Pitch Competition. We invite all qualified applicants to participate by completing the online application with the requested supporting documentation.
We are waving the Application Fee for our Inaugural Pitch Competition!
November 18, 2021 –5:00pm-8:30pm
4225 University Avenue
Columbus, Georgia 31907
Stay tuned for 2022 Pitch Competition applications!
There will be two rounds of applications.
The first round of applications is due by 11:59 PM on October 22, 2021. Individuals advancing to the second round will be notified by October 27.
The second round includes a pre-recorded pitch of their business. The second round is due by 11:59 PM on November 3, 2021.
Finalists will be chosen by a selection committee and notified by November 5. Five finalists will advance to the Pitch Competition to be held on November 18.
A panel of five judges has been selected to serve for the Pitch Competition on November 18. You can find the Competition Rules & Regulations at the bottom of this page. They will be judging the five finalists’ pitches on the following criteria:
- Team (20 points)
- Who is your founding team?
- Do you have the capacity to implement it?
- Is the team multidisciplinary and complementary of one another?
- Market Validation (20 points)
- In what market are you competing?
- What is your ability to recognize and describe the problem your venture is solving?
- Who is your competition and what is your competitive advantage?
- Product (20 points)
- Does the venture address the market problem in an innovative way?
- Business Model (20 points)
- How will you make money?
- Have you tested your venture?
- Is this scalable?
- Soft Skills (20 points)
- Are you assertive?
- Can you articulate the problem and solution and are you capable of “selling “the vision?