Please join us for the in-person BizPitch Columbus Event on November 16, 2022, at Columbus State University’s Cunningham Center, 3100 Gentian Blvd, Columbus, Georgia 31907.
Hear the top four finalists give an epic business pitch for a chance to win up to $15,000!
Want to apply for the competition? See the criteria below!
Want to set up a vendor table at the event? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
November 16, 2022
5:00 – 8:30 PM
Who Should Apply?
If you are a business owner within a 150-mile radius of Columbus, Georgia and your business is able to meet the following criteria, we want you to apply for our pitch competition!
· Solves a real market need.
· Shows a source of differentiation in your business.
· Has a clear business model.
· Addresses a sizeable market opportunity.
$25,000 in cash prizes
· $15,000 Judges Selection Winner
· $5,000 Judges Selection Runner-Up
· $2,500 Other Finalists
What to Expect
When applying for the competition, there will be three rounds of judging before finalists are chosen. Four finalists will be chosen to compete in the BizPitch Columbus to win up to $15,000.
The first application includes a question-and-answer survey. (Coming soon!)
The second round includes a pre-recorded pitch of their business.
The third round includes Pitch Preparedness Workshops.
The finalists will have a twenty-minute window to pitch their business to our judges and answer any and all questions they may have (think, Shark Tank).
StartUP Columbus, in partnership with SCORE Columbus, GA and Columbus State University’s Turner College of Business, will be hosting an annual, regional BizPitch Columbus Pitch Competition. We invite all qualified applicants to participate by completing the online application with the requested supporting documentation.
There is an Application Fee of $2/application. (Details coming soon!)
November 16, 2022 – 5:00pm-8:30pm
Columbus State University’s Cunningham Center, 3100 Gentian Blvd, Columbus, Georgia 31907
Stay tuned for 2022 Pitch Competition applications!
There will be three rounds of applications.
The first round of applications is currently closed. Once applications are complete, 25 individuals will advance to the second round and will be notified. The second round includes a pre-recorded pitch of their business. The third round includes Pitch Preparedness Workshops. The top four finalists will be selected by a selection committee and notified. Four finalists will advance to the competition to be held on November 16, 2022.
A panel of five judges has been selected to serve for the BizPitch Columbus Pitch Competition on November 16. You can find the Competition Rules & Regulations at the bottom of this page. They will be judging the four finalists’ pitches on the following criteria:
- Team (20 points)
- Who is your founding team?
- Do you have the capacity to implement it?
- Is the team multidisciplinary and complementary of one another?
- Market Validation (20 points)
- In what market are you competing?
- What is your ability to recognize and describe the problem your venture is solving?
- Who is your competition and what is your competitive advantage?
- Product (20 points)
- Does the venture address the market problem in an innovative way?
- Business Model (20 points)
- How will you make money?
- Have you tested your venture?
- Is this scalable?
- Soft Skills (20 points)
- Are you assertive?
- Can you articulate the problem and solution and are you capable of “selling “the vision?